Thursday, January 5, 2012

Moving On....

It's a new year -- and I feel like a new me.

I recently shed a few heavy burdens that had been holding me down for years ... emotions, debt, relationships, doubts -- I have a new outlook on life. And I don't want to forget the journey I take this year ... I look back over this past year and realize that because I didn't keep track of the breakthroughs--revelations, if you will--that I experienced, I feel as if a year was wasted. What do I have to show for everything I went through? I wonder....

Therefore, this year it is my goal to keep track of such things. Remember the good and bad times ... the victories and the failures ... the dreams that came true, and the hopes that are yet waiting to be fulfilled.

It is time to move on ... as an artist, as a dreamer, as an emotional being.

Move on.

Sondheim wrote a song for Sunday in the Park with George that expresses this beautifully. Without further ado: Bernadette Peters & Mandy Patinkin (in a rendition I find even more powerful than their original) singing "Move On" by Stephen Sondheim.



"Stop worrying where you're going-
Move on
If you can know where you're going
You've gone
Just keep moving on."
" So what? The choice may have been mistaken, the choosing was not."
"Look at what you've done,
Then at what you want,
Not at where you are,
What you'll be."


No comments:

Post a Comment