Thursday, January 12, 2012

Dreaming Wide Awake....

This week, I've been trying to take advantage of the little moments that make life brighter. Letting my dreams see the light of day --- it's been exciting. I'm making things happen, changing a little every day ... for good -- and for the better.

"Those who dream by day are cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night." ~Edgar Allan Poe, "Eleonora" 
I feel young again -- living with a touch of whimsy, and putting fun into everyday activities.

Yesterday, I stopped by the bank, and got my spending money for the month in two dollar bills. It's funny how much joy a $2 bill can bring to someone, but they make one feel like a kid again. Like I said -- it's the little things. But it's always been something I've wanted to do. $2 bills make a person smile ... I like smiling =)

picture (c) Katie Sokoler

(Yes, you can go to the bank and ask for $2 bills -- they still have them!
&& I think the teller was just about as excited as I was, to tell the truth!)

Well, speaking of feeling like a kid again, I've been singing Scott Alan's "Never, Neverland (Fly Away)" all week. Peter Pan was (and still is) one of my favorite fairy tales ... I admit, there was a time in my life when I was casually obsessed with the pirate-fighting, pixie-friending, story-loving Peter. Anyways, my favorite version of the song is sung by Stephanie J. Block -- Here are two versions -- the recording from her CD "This Place I Know" and a live version from Birdland: 2008 (one to listen/one to watch) .... enjoy!




"Let me go to Never Neverland
Let me fly for one day
And throw that fairy dust in my hair
So I'll pretend I'm flying away"


"Well to my surprise, I grew up too fast,
And that easy life of Tinkerbell never did last
So I silently dream myself far, far away
That I would be immortalized like Peter one day."

"And though life is never easy as we as children read in the books
Where fairy dust could just fly you so far away
All I ask is that you leave me my imagination
So I can pretend I'm flying away."

"In my Never Neverland."


No comments:

Post a Comment